MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2019 STANDARD – THE SOLUTION FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Companies that purchase Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard receive extremely efficient and high-performance database management software that is precisely tailored to the needs of companies. With the latest offspring of the software series, Microsoft relies both on the expansion of numerous functions of the predecessor SQL Server 2017 and on innovations aimed at a further focus on topics such as machine learning, cloud applications and Big Data. The fact that the software company has given SQL Server 2019 new connectors is also striking. This means that users can now conveniently use SQL Server to query other databases. These include Teradata, MongoDB, Oracle and various generic ODBC data sources.
Ideally equipped for Big Data with SQL Server 2019
To ensure that companies that buy Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard are also equipped for extensive big data workloads, Microsoft has integrated the two most important frameworks for big data, Apache Spark and the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). The interoperability makes the container orchestration software Kubernetes possible, which in turn ensures that workloads can be executed both locally and across various public clouds.
The bottom line is that the software company from Redmond makes it much easier for users to work with large amounts of data, up to 100 terabytes per database. Other new functions such as online transaction processing (OLTP) and data warehousing are also responsible for this. In addition, the poly base technology and the storage engine used have been revised. The redesigned Poly Base technology now also allows queries to be executed on data stored in Azure Blob Storage or Hadoop. Also new is the expansion of support for Hortonworks Hadoop clusters, Cloudera clusters and Azure storage.
Microsoft expands proven functions
Companies that buy Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard from us not only save money, but also benefit from the fact that Microsoft concentrates on the strengths of its predecessor and consistently expands them in the 2019 version. For example, Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard offers users extended functions for diagram processing. No less attractive is the fact that the direct application of Java code is now also supported. By using the same infrastructure as is used for Python and R code, this benefits the machine learning services.
The most important innovations of SQL Server 2019 at a glance
- New connectors connect Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition with databases such as MongoDB, Teradata, Oracle and Co. and thus remove previous analysis barriers.
- As a highly scaled service, Azure SQL DB Hyper Scale enables automatic adaptation even to large workloads of up to 100 terabytes per database.
- Extensive expansion of the chart processing functions already known from the predecessor.
- Direct execution of Java code and use of Python and R code for the machine learning services.
- Revision of the Poly Base technology and the storage engine.
- Integration of the two powerful Big Data frameworks Apache Spark and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Execution of workloads both in local environments and across multiple public clouds.