Why Windows 7 Professional
After Windows Vista, Windows 7 Professional is the newer operating system from Microsoft. The Windows 7 Professional operating system, like all Professional editions of Windows, is designed for professional users and the corporate sector. A number of changes have been made: optimisations have been made both in the visual area, such as the user interface, and in terms of system and security technology, for example with the revised Windows Explorer and the new Security Centre.
Improved performance and intuitive operation
For Microsoft, user-friendly operation is a major concern, and so the user interface of some applications and of the system itself has also been improved in the Windows 7 Professional operating system. Many programmes, such as Paint and WordPad, have been given a ribbon interface in Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, as has been the case since Microsoft Office 2007. The sidebar familiar from Vista has been removed in Windows 7 Professional. Widgets can now be placed directly on the desktop as desired. The Windows 7 Professional operating system runs faster overall than its predecessor version, which is also due to the lower system requirements despite numerous optimisations. The Windows 7 Professional operating system also brings with it the new DirectX 11, which is also responsible for the performance increase in the “graphics” area. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional now also supports alternative input devices such as tablet PCs with various functions such as multi-touch.
Programme innovations in the Windows 7 Professional operating system
Performance enhancements and interface optimisations are not the only points that are made available to you with Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. New programmes and features help you to speed up your workflow and control it more easily:
- Libraries: virtual folders in Windows Explorer for quick data management
- Maintenance centre: New security centre (virus scanner and firewall monitoring)
- Voice control and output: assistance for users with limited abilities
- Device Stages: Display of frequent actions for external devices
- Error logging programme: For detailed problem report logging
- Set up home network groups automatically
- Find content and programmes faster with improved Windows Search
- As an optimisation step, various programmes and functions have also been removed from the Windows 7 Professional operating system, such as the classic Start menu, some functions and features in the taskbar as well as Windows Media Player and some Explorer functions. Instead, you get even more functions and features with the Windows 7 Professional operating system. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional also supports Windows Server Domains. The XP mode enables you to run older programmes on Windows 7 Professional. In addition, after the mainstream support phase with the Windows 7 Professional operating system has expired, you will receive an extended support phase.
Security with the Windows 7 Professional operating system
The Windows 7 Professional operating system is not only user-friendly and powerful: Microsoft has also devoted equal priority to the issue of security in its new version. Thus, it now also supports biometric authentication by means of fingerprints as standard. Compared to Windows Vista, the user account control in Microsoft Windows 7 Professional is now adjustable in stages. This now works with a whitelist of system programmes, which are automatically given administration rights. In order to increase the security level of possibly critical applications, a blacklist of the corresponding programmes can be kept. These are treated separately when they are executed and always call up a confirmation window beforehand. To keep your system secure, it is always kept up to date with updates from Microsoft in the form of certified drivers and corrections.
With Windows 7 Professional you get the ideal operating system for your company or for higher demands in the private environment. The advanced functions help you to get the most out of your computer.