Not compatible with other Office products!
–> For Office products that include Access 2016, click here.
Why Microsoft Access 2016
Microsoft Access 2016 is a comprehensive database programme that allows you to capture, manage and then publish data either offline or online. You can use Access 2016 to create small databases for your personal use, as well as for large-scale projects in a company. By connecting Microsoft Access 2016 to products such as Office 365 and/or SharePoint, you can share your finished databases with other users and collaborators – quickly, easily and anywhere.
Efficient database management with Microsoft Access 2016
With Microsoft Access 2016, which is part of the Office package, you can create databases, forms or even extensive reports. To do this, you select the template that is right for you (such as contact databases, task management, problem tracking or project management) from a large number of templates that are delivered with Microsoft Access 2016. Alternatively, you can create an empty database in Microsoft Access 2016, generated entirely according to your own requirements, which you can customise freely.
For example, never lose track of extensive customer contact data by handing over photos, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other data to your business partners in Access 2016. You can manage all data relevant to your everyday life intuitively, quickly and clearly in Microsoft Access 2016. Create tables similar to Excel that contain all the data that is important to you and insert information from photos or PDF files into the database programme with just a few mouse clicks.
Important functions in Microsoft Access 2016:
- Manage databases of any kind: from projects to task lists and contact databases to asset tracking or inventory tracking.
- Use a familiar interface established in other Office products when working with Microsoft Access 2016.
- Share your databases and collaborate on documents with colleagues via Office 365 or SharePoint connectivity for the entire database programme.
- Generate relevant database types in seconds by integrating new template types that cover most use cases.
- Import existing records and insert them into the database programme – from photos, PDF files, Excel documents, SQL databases and similar sources.
- Use Access 2016 to both summarise short reports and create and manage large databases essential to everyday operations.
- Customised Web Access apps in Microsoft Access 2016.
If you need to collaborate with your colleagues, you can easily create powerful web access apps with Access 2016: Complete database structures and all the necessary forms to add or edit data are integrated in these apps in Microsoft Access 2016, as are the editing commands familiar from the desktop software. These apps, which can be run over the internet, work in any browser – even if Access 2016 is not installed on the device of the recipient of the database app.
Microsoft Access 2016 does this by connecting to Office 365 and/or SharePoint, from where you can work on this database programme with your colleagues. By providing you with the same user interface as other applications in the Office 2016 series, Access 2016 will allow you to create new databases in a matter of minutes. Want to add existing databases to Microsoft Access 2016? The database programme allows you to import from Excel documents or SQL databases for exactly this purpose.